- TripsByTips abides by the principle of data collection avoidance. TripsByTips shall forgo as much as possible the collection of personal data inasmuch as that data is not immediately discernable and useful to the user (such as, for example, the contribution of information about travel). This means that information shall be collected, stored and processed only to the extent necessary for the purpose of providing the user with requested information or to improve information filtering for the user or for the delivery of information and other materials sought by the user or which serves the implementation and execution of the contractual relationship between the user and TripsByTips.
- User data and IP numbers shall be registered with date and time in a log file and employed as well as stored for the purpose of statistical analysis of the website.
- This data shall not be merged with personal data.
- TripsByTips will provide personal data to bodies authorized to receive such information (e.g. law enforcement authorities) when obligated to do so by statutory authority or by court order.
- Logging of messages sent via the private information system takes place solely for the purpose of preventing abuses of law.
- By entering personal data into screens and forms and by transmiting that data to TripsByTips, the user is agreeing to allow such data to be used in the manner herein described.
Registered and Non-Registered Users
- Only a limited amount of information will be collected from users who are not registered or logged in.
- TripsByTips will store the user’s IP address insofar as this is necessary to make the website available to the user. The IP-adress may change with each visit to the site or remain the same.
- TripsByTips will also store this information whenever a user reaches the website by clicking on a link or ad.
- TripsByTips shall utilize the information collected solely in anonymised form and only for statistical purposes. Exempted therefrom is information submitted by the user to TripsByTips and released for publication. In addition to such contributions, this also comprises votings or comments to contributions from other users, entries about previous or future travel destinations, profile information and all other information which the user may publish in future as part of his membership. Other statistical information relevant to membership may likewise be published (e.g. number of contributions, number of destinations visited, average rating by other members). TripsByTips reserves the right to publish other statistical information directly related to the user’s contributions or destinations. All information described herein shall be stored in a database.
- TripsByTips shall install a data file, a so-called “cookie”, on the hard drive of the user’s computer unless the user’s browser settings disallow the installation of cookies. For more on cookies, please see “3. cookies,“ below.
- Cookies are data files that the website places on the hard drive of the user’s computer in order to automatically recognise the computer whenever the user visits the website. Using cookies allows for better communication between the server used by TripsByTips and the user’s computer and thereby provides for the more enjoyable use of the website. Cookies may be blocked by appropriate settings of the browser, such as by deactivating the cookie-saving function or by adjusting the browser settings (usually found under “options” or “settings”) so that the user is alerted whenever cookies are being transmitted.
- TripsByTips makes use of AdServer by third parties for the delivery of promotional materials published on the website. As part of an advertising campaign on the website, advertisers on TripsByTips may, under certain circumstances, also place cookies on the user’s computer.
- As provided by law, cookies are deleted as soon as the user has finished using the site.
Facebook Social Plugins
- TripsByTips makes use of social plugins (“plugins”) from the social network facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). The plugins are identified by the Facebook Logo or through the addition of “Facebook Social Plugin”.
- Whenever you call up a page from our website that contains one of these plugins, your browser establishes a connection directly with Facebook servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted directly from Facebook to your browser which then embeds it into the website.
- Embedding the plugin informs Facebook which of our website pages you have accessed. If you are logged into Facebook, Facebook can correlate your visit to your Facebook account. When you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking on the “recommend“ button or by entering a comment, your browser will send this information directly to Facebook, where it is stored.
- For more information about the purpose and scope of the information collected, how it is distributed and used by Facebook as well as your rights in this regard and individual setup options for protecting your privacy, please see the Facebook data protection guidelines.
- If you prefer that Facebook does not collect data via our website, you must first log out of Facebook prior to visiting our website.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, which are text files that are stored on your computer and help the website analyse how users are using the site. The information generated by the cookie regarding the website usage is normally transmitted to and stored by Google on its servers in the United States.
If IP anonymisation is activated on this website, the user’s IP address will be abbreviated beforehand by Google within the member states of the European Union or other contractual states of the agreement within the European Economic Area. The full IP address will only be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there in exceptional cases. IP anonymisation is active on this website. Google uses this data on behalf of this website’s operator to analyse website usage, to produce usage reports, and to produce reports about other service-related usage, and to compile reports about website activities in order to provide additional services to the website operator that are related to website and Internet usage.
The IP address provided by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be connected with other Google data. Users may prevent cookies from being saved by selecting the appropriate settings in their browser; however, this service indicates to users that they may not be able to use the full functionality of this website if cookies are turned off. Users may also prevent collection of data and collection of website usage data by the cookie (including their IP address) by Google and processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in provided via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Additional information about data usage for advertising purposes by Google, settings and refusal options are available on the Google website:
Alternatively to the browser add-on or in browsers on mobile devices, please click this link to prevent future Google Analytics collection on this website. In this case, an opt-out cookie will be stored on your device. Delete your cookies by clicking this link again.
Text for Google Analytics created with Datenschutz-Generator.de by RA Dr. Thomas Schwenke
Last update of this page: October 17, 2017